Thursday, May 6, 2010

National Day of Prayer


May 6th 2010:
I wish I had something profound to say on this national day of prayer, but I don't.

I was browsing the news stories this morning while drinking my coffee and trying to wake up, and can I say news is not the way to start your morning. There is so much sadness and evil going on out there it is hard to comprehend. I know in my head the Bible said all these things would be in the last days, but it just breaks my heart to hear about them. All these stories of death and murder OVER NOTHING!! All the stories of abuse and rape, it's enough to bring anyone to tears.

“We ought to see the face of God every morning before we see the face of man.”
- Dwight L. Moody

Praise God for protecting my family from the evils they encounter. Praise God for giving us the good news and hope. Without it I can't even imagine the depression and hopelessness that would overcome the world. Thank God for Jesus and the light He shines through those who love Him. Without the love, kindness, thoughtfulness, friendship, and leadership, this home away from home would be unbearable.

Please pray for our country. Pray that God will intervene, heal our land and save us from ourselves. I pray that you all are healthy, safe, and full of peace.

“Prayer is not designed to inform God, but… to humble man’s heart, to excite his desire, to inflame his faith, to animate his hope, and to raise his soul from earth to heaven.”
- Adam Clarke

1 comment:

mangiabella said...

LOVE the Dwight L Moody quote...i DEF will be chewin' on that one today....xoxo