Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Just A Mom

I was blessed by an email devotional today (thank you Jaime)

I just had to share bits and pieces! Enjoy~

Mom:
to create order out of chaos, ensure the physical, emotional and spiritual well-being of her children, and shape the individuals who will contribute to what we are as a community and a nation

What exactly is her job description? She's a wife, mother, friend, housekeeper, interior decorator, laundress, gourmet chef, short order cook, chauffeur, painter, wallpaper hanger, seamstress, nurse, guidance counselor, internal affairs CEO, financial planner, travel agent, administrative assistant, disciplinarian, preacher, teacher, tutor, spiritual advisor, dietitian, lecturer, librarian, fashion coordinator, private investigator, cheerleader, manicurist, pedicurist, landscaper, hair stylist, psychologist, plumber, computer programmer, automobile maintenance expert, referee, and gift purchasing agent for both sides of the family. She may not get a salary, but the fringe benefits are invaluable: hugs, kisses, and buckets of love. And hopefully, one day a child who will call her blessed. A mother whose children rise up and call her blessed is much like lighthouses. She has a solid foundation in Jesus Christ. Her walls of faith are constructed to withstand the storms of life, and her primary function is to house the light of Christ. This mother is an immovable constant in her child's life, a landmark along life's journey and a guiding light that points her children to the safe harbor of home and eventually out to sea.


"Her children arise and call her blessed;" (Proverbs 31:28 NIV).

Dear Heavenly Father, Thank you for giving me the privilege of being a mom. I pray that you will help me be a beacon that shines the light of Christ to my children as well as the children that I come in contact with through the course of a day. You are the Light of the World and I pray that I will be a shining reflection of that light today.
In Jesus' Name,
Amen

1 comment:

mangiabella said...

oh vee I am so glad this blessed you too, I know it blessed me big time..AND...so has your friendship

"Each friend represents a world in us, a world possibly not born until they arrive, and it is only by this meeting that a new world is born." ~ Anais Nin