Monday, March 9, 2009

Scary World

I am sure by now most of you have heard about the pastor who was shot to death during service! If you have not, you can read about it here: One News Now

I could not believe it when I first heard about it. I am still a little shocked today. I just can't imagine being there, in the one place you should feel so safe. I almost can't stomach the news anymore. It is just full of devastation and tragedy. Every time I think I can't hear about something worse, something like this is reported. I am anxiously awaiting Jesus coming to take his people home.

1 comment:

momstheword said...

Yes, I heard about it. I cannot imagine the shock and horror the man's family and congregation must have felt as they had to watch this.

My husband is a pastor and while I don't worry about things like this happening to him, you know that it can happen anywhere, even at the mall. Still, you don't expect it in church do you?

My thoughts are with his congregation and family and friends.