Monday, October 6, 2008

Day 8 How To Be Nice to Yourself

Confidence Day 3
So this title makes me laugh because right away I am thinking easier said than done.
What I think I love about this book so much is the way it is bringing Bible verses to me in a way I understand them or would not have ever put them in the context illustrated.
"We think our problems are unique and our potential is ordinary."
Yes true, true I agree.
But the Bible tells us the opposite is true:

No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to us all.
1 Corinthians 10:13


And God only made one you. He will never ask why you were not more like so and so he will ask why you were not more like you. If he wanted two of you he would have made two of you!
And the funny thing about all this is these should all really be DUH statements but they're not.
Here is a head down tail between your legs truth: "You can't trash yourself without slamming the one who created you."
SURRENDER YOUR NEGATIVE SELF TALK!
To help us do this there is a self talk check list where you pick 3 types of positive talk you need the most. You then had to write the 3 most negative things you tell yourself and then replace them with 3 positive true statements.

As moms we do this with our kids too so why wouldn't we expect our Father to tell us the very same things?

No comments: