Monday, October 6, 2008

Day 7 Insecurity Exposing Your Inner Charlie Brown

Confidence Day 2
Ways to prevent your confidence from being stolen:
1. You need to know who you are
2. You need to know why you are here
3. You need to know what you are worth

So I am reading these and I am thinking ok, because of this book, I have a better understanding of who I am and what I am worth BUT I STILL DON'T KNOW MY PURPOSE!! (violin here) so flip the page and I read;
Insecure people have a high need for control. And I'm going with it a little more then BAM here it is:
if you feel out of control because your house is a mess or your children are misbehaving...

.... and now I am the only one in the room.
Moving right along....
So then we do an exercise that gives us Bible verses and we are to summarized what God says about us and how they affect our self esteem.

Thru this I found my most favorite verse ever: John 15:16.
16"(A)You did not choose Me but I chose you, and appointed you that you would go and (B)bear fruit, and that your fruit would remain, so that (C)whatever you ask of the Father in My name He may give to you.

And just like that I feel better.

No comments: