Thursday, October 30, 2008

Day 24 Your Patience Coach

Patience Day 4:
God's waiting room: where he shelters us,feeds us,and gives us time and protection to grow strong enough to withstand storms and fires, and to flourish.

Wow.

Today was all about exploring how we do in extreme tests of patience.
1. patience when the wilderness is silent
2. patience when we just can't wait
3. patience when people won't change

Oh yeah since I need a big dose of help in all 3 areas I will read today more than twice.
Sometimes God is silent because he is quietly waiting until we're ready for his answer.
Can I get that on a bumper sticker?
The example for today is Mary and Martha John 11:1-44, when their brother Lazarus dies. Jesus did not just come and heal him. Why??? Because they already knew he could heal him. But did they know he could raise him from the dead? Probably not. That is what God wanted them to know. To see. It was a bigger miracle.

Those who are patient are those convinced God will provide, he is on schedule and he is in control. Oh man! Shame on me! I know this is to help me not make me feel bad but how could I not??

God will provide.
I wait expectantly trusting God to help for he has promised. Psalm 130:5

I am the Lord, no one who waits for my help will be disappointed. Isaiah 49:23


God is on Schedule.
God makes everything happen at the right time. Ecclesiastes 3:11

God Is In Control.
Entrust your ways to the Lord. Trust him, and he will act on your behalf. Psalm
37:5


Well I don't know about you, but I feel 100 pounds lighter!

No comments: