Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Day 5 Steps To Humility

Well I made it to day 5, the last day of week one. I LOVE the opening quote:
Being totally committed to Christ's increase means letting our lives act as a frame that shows up the masterpiece-Jesus Christ. And a worthy frame isn't tarnished or dull, plain or cheap; yet neither is it so elaborate that it overpowers its picture. Instead, with subtle loveliness, it draws the observer's eyes to the beautiful work of art it displays.

I am still praying about my action plan. I was able to pick the steps I need to take to develop a right view of God easily, the others not so much.

I am going to post the prayer because it was so powerful to me and I want to be able to find it again and again throughout my day.

Precious Lord, I wish I did not struggle in this area, because it makes me so sad to think about the terrible ripple effects my pride has on others. Worse, though, I am deeply sorry for my pride which attempts to make me the president of the universe and steal glory from you. Today, I just want to go on record as saying: I love you. I am sorry for my prideful ways. Thank you for loving me in spite of myself, and most of all thank you for your extreme kindness and willingness to take me from where I am today. That is truly remarkable to me. It may very well be the first thing I thank you for when I get to see you in heaven. In the name of Jesus, Amen.

That prayer alone would make me want to join the makeover if I was not already!!

1 comment:

The Wethington's said...

keep up the good work. I have another doc appt today and they are supposedly going to officially diagnose me but we don't have insurance so I gotta see if they can hold off another week or insurance might not take me...does that sound right?