Monday, September 29, 2008

Day 3 How God Redeems Brokenness

Today was how humility is THE ingredient in the Christian life. It also talked about
the eight core practices in the Christian life that go hand in hand with humility:
Worship
Self-Esteem
Honesty
Obedience
Teachability
Servanthood
Waiting
Brokenness
Worship: I worship God. I love to. I find myself doing it more and more as the days go by.

Self Esteem: Uhhh well I am up and down on this. Some days I am so confident and others I am down on myself. Just another area I need to address......

Honesty: Oh dear, busted. It is so funny now that I am following God I catch myself EVERY time I tell "a little white lie". The ones I tell to my kids to keep the peace are the hard ones to let go. I am however more and more honest with everyone else. I have recently lost friends because of it but I have to stand for what I believe in.

Obedience: Most of the time... to everyone but God. He has been dealing with me hard on this one. He tells me to trust him. Not to worry. I realize I am not following directions. But don't tell my kids!

Teachability: I like to think I am very teachable. I am always trying to learn something new and better educate myself on everything. Does this mean I can't stick to my opinions? Does that make me unteachable??

Servanthood: I have made excuse after excuse on this one when it comes to serving in the church. Yes I am a single mom of two but I bet I could still do something. I am hoping to bless someone with my writing. Does that count?

Waiting: God has been working on my patience for 14 years now AND I STILL DON'T HAVE ANY!!

Brokenness: Oh boy am I there now. I am so broken right now I can only go up.

I thought the coolest thing at the end was to rewrite 2 Corinthians 9-10 adding in your own name and experiances. Here is what I wrote:
My father told me "I have more than enough grace for you. Venus you will only see my power as perfect when you are at your weakest." I will be hopeful when I feel hopeless because that's when God shines brightest. That is why through Christ I can rejoice when I worry about paying all my bills and satan tries to come against me through my kids. When I am at my lowest God can lift me the furthest.

No comments: