Friday, September 26, 2008

Day 2-Humility Exposing your inner Buzz Lightyear

So I'm thinkin cute title for day two! I have not seen Toy Story in years but as I am reading the caption of the movie for those who have not seen it, I remember Buzz. He was a little full of himself wasn't he? He was so sure of what he could do and what his mission was that he lost sight of the fact that he needed batteries and children to operate. I guess I have never thought of pride that way. When I think pride, I think not wanting to tell people how you really are or how you really live. This day speaks of pride like showing off, wanting to be the center of attention, or being all high and mighty. Drawing attention to your sacrafices or lack of abilities to have others build you up.
Other ways I have never looked at pride before. Another eye opening read. Then you had to take a pride test. Oh boy. I got a 75 which is not the highest scoring section and not the lowest either but the areas where I need help jumped out at me. Kind of hit me in the face if you will. Time to think before I speak. This will be hard.

No comments: