Friday, September 26, 2008

Day 1-Humility Seeing God (did not get to post yesterday)

As you know by my previous post I am on a 40 day Character Makeover Journey.
I am going to be posting these on both my blogs not just in CWTR. I thought it was great that the author asked you at the beginning if you are sure you want to do this. It made it clear this is something not only to take seriously but that change will come out of this.
I thought day one was awesome of course and at the end of the reading I was thinking how great it would be if everyone was humble. Then came the assignment at the end of day one: You take Psalm 103, divide it into sections, and ask yourself these three questions at the end of every section:
Who is God?
Who am I in relation to him?
How can this understanding help me to become humble?
Uh oh. Now I'm stuck. I read the first section and I could not answer the questions. So I read it again. And again. After the 3rd time I came to the conclusion God is everything and I am nothing without him. He is forever, I am fleeting. I already knew he is everything and I am nothing without him but I just felt so small in the big picture. I also did not feel as humble as I thought I was. It showed me how far I have to go.

No comments: