Thursday, May 20, 2010

COURAGE

So I wrote about fear and now I want to share a little about courage.

So I found myself in an unexpected situation. By the time I realized what was going on I was already right in the middle. No quick turn around happening now. Either I can turn around and walk right back where I came from or I can keep going forward and see where I come out. Either way, I have to walk through something. Either way I will be changed. Once the realization hits, the panic starts. White-hot-panic.

I cried out to God for wisdom and guidance. He gave it to me. "For the LORD giveth wisdom; out of His mouth cometh knowledge and understanding." (Proverbs 2:6 NKJV) I knew what I had to do, but then I froze. I didn't think I could do it. I knew I had to but a selfish little part of me didn't want to. What if the outcome wasn't what I wanted? Then where would I be? Did it really matter? No, because God will still be with me.

So this morning, it just happened. No planning, no thinking, I just did it. And it turned out ok! In fact better than ok. Then I came in to read my sweet friends blog and this was her quote today:
"The day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom." ~ Anais Nin

WOW!! What powerful words. What a powerful realization. That is where I was without even knowing it. However God has given me the courage to blossom, and that's just what I'm gonna do.

2 comments:

mangiabella said...

oh bella it is sheer providence that our paths have crossed...and now here we are, locking arms, walking forward together!

by the way i loved the butterfly email you sent me...i feel very connected to the cycle of a butterfly...just the whole metamorphosis process of it all...you see this last year I've been emerging from my own chrysalis of sorts...that place that was the waiting room in the spirit, between who i was, and who i am becoming. Between where i was, and where i am going... and you know how when you are wrapped up in that chrysalis you have no idea what's happening inside...I had no idea what was happening...what our heavenly Father was doing inside of me... That was something for His eyes only to see.

I can tell you this though, on the other side of that experience, I don't feel like a squishy little caterpillar anymore, but I'm not quite sure how to be a magnificent butterfly yet either. Let's just say I'm a work in progress. I know that the fresh air feels good, but I'm not flying just yet.

Let's resolve to continue on this journey and learn how to spread our wings and fly together, shall we??!!

Andrea said...

GOD is awesome....HE is always faithful!
Blessings, hugs, and prayers,
andrea