Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Day 26 Thanking God



Contentment Day 1
First I want to say I am still not feeling well and I missed a few reading nights but I want to post my thoughts on the last couple days quickly. Today we tackled the number one question: Why is contentment so elusive?? I have been wondering that myself for so long and I have felt really guilty about wanting more. I have Jesus so why would I want anything else?? Right? I do admit I use to want to be beautiful but now that is not even in my top 10 anymore. I get caught up in the whole, "Well God wants his people to be blessed doesn't he?"
Then I have to remind myself that my children are healthy. No diseases, no disabilities. They are protected which is better than a nicer house. That is my thankfulness. I just need to work on it more than I do. For instance, today I am thankful I know Jesus at all. I watched millions on tv last night that don't know him at all.
God knows my pain and he knows my needs.God is a pain healer and a need meeter. He has been faithful to take care of me in the past. He will take care of my todays. He will keep his promises in my tomorrows.

No comments: