Friday, September 12, 2008

9/11... 7 years later


I was so caught up in reading about and watching some things on 9/11 and the elections yesterday that I did not get a chance to swing by here.


First I want to say thank you to all our troops who willingly risk their lives for us. I want to thank their families that sacrifice their time with them for us. Now I want to ask how we got from there to where we are today. The months that followed 9/11 we were the most united country! Everywhere you looked there was a flag flying. We were no longer African Americans, Mexican Americans, Latino Americans, we were all just Americans. Now we are more divided than ever! This will surely be our downfall. Divided we fail. I don't think it is a coincedence at all that we use 911 for emergencies and this tragedy happened on this date. Our nation is in a state of emergency. Now more than ever we need to pray for our nation. You can only tell God to get out so many times before he finally says ok and leaves. How many times have we already told him to get out? Leave our schools. Leave our states. Leave our government. I pray we ask him back and he accepts.

No comments: