Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Where is the time going?!

Where is it going and how do I get there to get it back?! This is my first December blogging and as you can tell by my absence I don't have as much time as I would like! I have decided I am going to get internet at home so I can spend more time here and on all the other wonderful spots I like to visit. There are so many of you out there who encourage me I just don't get enough!
Today I will share another email joke that is one of my favorites. The story may not be true but how wonderful if it is!

ATHEIST HOLY DAY


In Florida , an atheist created a case against the Easter &
Passover holy days. He hired an attorney to bring a
discrimination case against Christians, Jews and observances
of their holy days. The argument was it was unfair that
atheists had no such recognized day(s). The case was
brought before a judge. After listening to the passionate
presentation by the lawyer, the judge banged his gavel
declaring, 'Case dismissed.'

The lawyer immediately stood objecting to the ruling saying,
'Your honor, how can you possibly dismiss this case?
The Christians have Christmas, Easter, etc. The Jews have
Passover, Yom Kippur, Rosh Hashana, and Hanukkah.
Yet my client and all other atheists have no such holidays.'

The judge leaned forward in his chair saying, 'But you do.
Your client, counsel, is woefully ignorant.'

The lawyer said, 'Your Honor, we are unaware of any special
observance or holiday for atheists.'

The judge said, 'The calendar shows April 1st is 'April Fools Day.'
Psalm 14:1 states: 'The fool says in his heart, there is no God.'
Thus, logically it is the opinion of this court, that if your client says
there is no God, then he is a fool. Therefore, April 1st is his day.
Court is adjourned.

2 comments:

Tracy said...

ROFL!!! This is great, thanks for sharing! BTW, how do you get so much done on the computer w/o internet access at home? You rock! Blessings and Merry Christmas!

Today's Christian Mom~ said...

I type really fast during lunch! :)