Wednesday, December 24, 2008

~Merry Christmas~

I just wanted to take a moment to wish you all a very blessed Christmas. One of my oldest friends writes a Christmas letter every year to send out with her picture and update her friends and family on things her family did during the year. I love to get her letters and every year I really want to do one. I think I made an attempt at it last year but I guess it is just not my thing. I think I will stick to blogging. So here goes a short little peak into our year:

January
Sierra started dance class.
Both kids were baptised 1/23/08. 1..2..3 :)

March
I took Dominic to Vegas for the first time for a soccer tournament. Who in the world takes teenage boys to sin city for soccer?! Look at us parents dumb enough to go...

May
Dominic tried out for and made the soccer team he really wanted to be on last year. The coach told him last year he did not show enough confidence in himself so they placed him on the lower team but this year he was outstanding. He is a starter and plays almost the whole game every game.

My divorce was finalized after 3 long years of being separated.

June
Diane Cunningham was the guest speaker at my monthly luncheon and she inspired and encouraged me to write thus my blog was born!

July
I was asked to write a bi weekly column for Take Root and Write!

http://www.takerootandwrite.com/columns_single_moms/index.html

August
My first column is posted:

September
Sierra is invited to try out for Dance Team and she makes it!

October
Dominic starts attending a Sunday night bible study and he LOVES it! Now he says he wants to joing the church drama team too!

December
Sierra has her first recital. It was very hush hush, she did not want me to invite anyone. She did not even want her brother to go she was so nervous! I told her she had no choice on that one but she did awesome she did not even mess up once! She said she is no longer nervous which is good since they are going to perform at basketball games next year!

Dominic had his first "waiter job" as part of the bible study. They were the set up/clean up crew and waiters for a church dinner. He said he will never rag on waiters again!

Now that I write it all out it does seem we had a pretty good year in spite of everything.
I hope you all had a year full of blessings as well.



Merry Christmas from our family to yours.

2 comments:

Minister Mamie L. Pack said...

Congrats,

You won the From the Heart 2008 Devotional Calendar. Thank you for reading my blog. It is greatly appreciated.

Please email me at

packdevotionals(at)ogramsupport.com with your contact informatiom.

with blessings,

Minister Mamie

The Wethington's said...

I'm so glad someone started a business like that. Maybe he should franchise into Farmington. It was so gross!