Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Day 38 How to Keep on to the end

Perseverance Day 3:

Wow I'm back online! I had major computer issues last week that took me out of commission the 3 days I was at work (still no internet at home) and the week before I must have been really busy because I neglected my writing!

Day 38 talked about persisting in faith for eternal rewards. Sometimes the only reward big enough to get you to stick to a tough task is God's promise of heavenly rewards. When you feel like giving up there are two principles to remember.:

1. Life is a race and there is a prize at the end.
What a wonderful way to look at the journey that is our lives. You don't have to get there first, you just have to take the right path and you win! When you know you are going to get a prize and it is something you want, you are more motivated to do your best.
Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize.
1 Corinthians 9:24


The apostle Paul says our crown will last forever. We want that eternal crown and we need to train for it.

Everyone who competes in the games goes into strict training. They do it to get a crown that will not last; but we do it to get a crown that will last forever.
1 Corinthians 9:25


2. WINNERS ALWAYS FOCUS ON THE PRIZE!
Isn't that so true? When there is a prize at stake a true champion will not weaken their concentration by focusing on past failures. Sin keeps us from competing in the spiritual race of life. What is tying you down? For me it use to be worry. I am happy to say I have taken off those shoes! Real racers finish the race whether they feel like it or not!

No comments: