Monday, October 27, 2008

Day 21 Waiting on God



Patience Day 1

OH MY!! This is my week! Can I just tell you now that I am reading each day twice! I have prayed for patience for years and I STILL don't think I have any!
Anyway~ I just want to say I loved the opening so much I really want to get it on a picture and a coffee mug:

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining.
And I believe in love even when I don't feel it.
I believe in God even when he is silent.

Inscription on a wall in Nazi Germany

Isn't that beautiful?!

Ok, ok I also loved that our life coach told us patience is not her strong suit. Can I get an AMEN?! (she got one from me) But what I did not realize, and this is because I am new to the Bible, I have not read all the wonderful stories in it, I am years behind most of you. Anyway I learned the Bible is all about waiting. And patience is all about waiting. There is a wonderful little chart in the book about 7 different kinds of waiting, and each one has at least two different bible stories about that kind of waiting. I identified with 4 kinds of waiting. What I have been learning in my life lately was right here in front of me in black and white: God's timetable is definitely different from ours, and the process of waiting is a God ordained experience that he uses to prepare us for what he has in store.
(whiny me: but it's just soooooooooo hard!)

Wilderness waiting; a financial circumstance that is burying you, a family member who is rebelling, (cough cough)have you experienced wilderness waiting?? You're confused, unsure of what to do next, and probably experiencing deep anguish in your soul. I really did feel like she was talking to me! She gave examples of why God takes us through wilderness waiting and said we can either resist or relax.

Resisting can make us more miserable and may may the waiting longer.
Confusion leads to despair.
Losing Faith gets you stuck.

Relaxing allows you to be nurtured by God.
God meets you where you are.
God grows you. He is growing something inside of you because he wants to prepare you for what is next after the wilderness. He needs to leave you there long enough to grow your trust in him.

Man this is good stuff!

No comments: