Tuesday, September 9, 2008

The ghost stole my homework!!!


OK so just have to tell you what went on in my house Sunday night/ Monday morning. My kids and I are all sitting on the coach watching tv and my daughter jumps up and says I need to sign her progress report. So she gets up, hands me the folder and a pen and I sign it along with a permission to photograph form. I hand it back to her, she puts it next to her backpack, why next to and not in I don't know, which is on the floor by the couch and we go back to our program. Once it's over we all go to bed. Next morning I come out into the living room and the light is on. So my first thought is my son got up to the kitchen in the middle of the night and left the light on. I ask him and he says he didn't. Ok so now I am mad at myself for leaving the light on all night even though I could have sworn I turned it off. About an hour later we are heading out the door for school and my daughter starts yelling she can't find her folder. We looked all around as quick as we could in 5 minutes and decided her brother must have grabbed it by accident and took it with him.
Fast forward to Monday night. Dominic says he did not take her folder so we tear the house apart CAN'T FIND IT ANYWHERE!!! We decide to take a break and sit in the living room for a while. I am amazed at how loud the wind is howling outside so I go to the sliding glass door to look out. I watch the trees sway for a minute and notice the rosary I have hanging on the door is not hooked like it should be. Out of instinct I pull on the door and sure enough it's not locked. So now I proceed to yell at the kids for leaving the door unlocked asking who went out they both claim to not have gone out the back.
Ok so we all know someone did not break in and take only the school folder of a 9 year old! I tell her she can't tell her teacher the ghost took it as I don't feel like being referred for a mental evaluation any time soon. However we can add it to the list of things that just seem to disappear and I'm not talkin socks in the dryer!
Mark 3:13
The Twelve Are Chosen
13And He went up on the mountain and summoned those whom He Himself wanted, and they came to Him.
14And He appointed twelve, so that they would be with Him and that He could send them out to preach,
15and to have authority to cast out the demons.
I wonder if Jesus will cast out the thieves lurking in my house. If he does I want my necklace back first! :)

No comments: