Monday, August 18, 2008

Sad realization

I already know most of my friends are not saved. I also know most of them are not interested in getting saved or think that they need to. ALL of them think as long as they believe in God they are good and that's all they need to do. I have come to accept this since I have decided I really want to keep my friends. You never know when they will be ready to come to the Lord right? I mean I want to be there. So I keep my friends and I don't "preach" to them. Well this brings me to Friday night. I went out with a few friends I don't get to hang out with much. Yes we were at a bar. I sat on one side of the table with a friend who does go to church and one of my oldest and dearest friends sat across from me. We started talking about trying to have get together's more often and that lead to going to church every weekend. They started talking about not going to church because they sizzle when they walk in, and they don't want to get struck by lightning, etc. Then another dear friend joined in later in the evening that during the summer time he finds God outside. The mountains are his God. For some reason I was able to let this all just be. Yesterday however I couldn't stop thinking about it! Talking about making the church burn to the ground if you walk in really isn't funny! Being so sinful you would rather not go to church instead of going to seek forgiveness and get saved is very very sad! Knowing that you are not willing to change is very very sad! KNOWING SO MANY PEOPLE THAT I LOVE WILL BE LEFT BEHIND IS SO VERY VERY SAD!! This frustrates me! I don't care that some day they will know the truth, after it is too late. I don't want them to wish they had listened. This time, I don't want to be able to say "I told you so."


Isaiah 25:8
He will swallow up death [in victory; He will abolish death forever]. And the Lord God will wipe away tears from all faces; and the reproach of His people He will take away from off all the earth; for the Lord has spoken it.

1 comment:

The Wethington's said...

I know how you are feeling and it tough keeping your mouth shut. You know God doesn't ever want you to just let it be and let them say those things, but you don't know what to say and you are afraid of losing friends. All I can say is that a true friend will stay no matter what you say. Like that saying, Say you want because those who matter don't mind and those who mind don't matter. But then it's hard to know if by saying what you want are you telling them that you mind what they say? ARgh! Im sorry I'm not of more help. I have an aunt that could probably give you some good advice. She loves telling people about Jesus and helping others to get saved. If you want her email address let me know.