Wednesday, August 6, 2008

My trust issue...


Trust in the Lord with all your heart; lean not on your own understanding, in all your ways acknowledge Him and He will guide your path. Proverbs 3:5-6


May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit. (Romans 15:13)


I think today God finally told me what my problem is. It is not that I am impatient, well I am but that is not what is holding me back as much as I thought it was, it is a trust issue. I don't think I trust God with my heart like I do with my words and my mind. I am not sure I know how to do this. I want everything to happen right away because I am tired of waiting is what I tell myself but today I realized I think I want God to prove to me he will do it. I mean I know he already told me he would, but why is he making me wait?? I know he will reveal my purpose. I know he will care for all my financial needs. So why has this not already happened? Because I still worry about my finances and I still whine about not doing what I want to be doing. Basically I am being ungrateful with my actions. Wow~ don't I feel like my kids now when they say "What did I do?!" and I proceed to tell them. When I sat still long enough to listen, I got the answer to my question. I'm glad God will forgive me for not listening.


2 comments:

The Wethington's said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Wethington's said...

I'm gonna try to delete that one in case anyone thinks i'm crazy ;)